The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Thursday, September 26, 2013

My financial snapshot

In the past 24 hours, I added a thermometer and a donate button to this blog. I know that donating online and funding your projects online is increasingly popular, and I’m surprised at how many people are willing to help out a good cause online. I think I have a good cause, so I’ll put it out there.

I’m my biggest donor, though, so I expect the thermometer to move largely because of me. I hope others will appreciate my effort and motivate me with donations.

Here’s how I came up with the figures.

Bills
Amount

Traffic tickets
75

Doctor
230

Past Rent Still Due
230

Insurance Bill Sent to Collections
50

Credit cards
6500

Gas/electric
200

Cable
200



Emergency Savings that I need to have
1000

Student loan
50000

Renovation
20000




Total
78485




This total is what I have left to pay off as of today, September 26, 2013 – not including the mortgage that I told you about a few days ago. I just took repossession of a property I used to live in. That mortgage is $107,000. I’ll take care of paying that off later. Right now, there’s a tenant in there and I’m going through a home loan modification to see what the new mortgage will be.

I feel God gave me the green light and let me know my efforts will be blessed by giving me a few windfalls of money since I’ve gone homeless.
1.       Both my day job and my evening job gave me small raises. $5000 and $100 a year
2.       I got a $150 refund from health insurance company

3.       I got an insurance payout from a car accident - $1300

No comments:

Post a Comment