In preparation for the 3-month anniversary mark, I thought I'd post a little differently.
I can either rent a car of fly to get home. (I chose to fly).
I can either get my hair braided or trimmed. (Without money, the only option was to keep it trimmed. That's cheaper).
I can go 2 weeks without counting the days until the next payday. I almost forgot that today was payday.
I can choose between buying something I need and paying extra on debt this month.
1. We brought one of our credit cards current. I was $600 behind. I couldn't pay more on debt because I have to pay for CEU classes this week and take them over Christmas break. It feels good to take these classes that I've been putting off for 1 1/2 years due to lack of funds.
2. I learned to use Sterno to cook at the park.
3. I found more McDonald's restaurants to work at on my computer. (Sometimes people bash homeless bloggers by telling them to sell their computers to make money. It doesn't seem to enter their minds that maybe these people have unsaleable, outdated, 6-year old computers like mine). It makes more financial sense to keep the computer than to get rid of an item that helps you stay organized and connected to others. But I digress)
4. I added pictures to my online journal (this blog).
5. I've gotten used to sleeping in 30 degree weather. That seemed scary two months ago. Now, it's all about mastering 20 degrees and preparing for single digits.
6. I created a Debt Snowball and made plans to create and use an Envelope System. I listened to Dave Ramsey CDs.