The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Choosing to pay debts instead of filing bankruptcy

September 11

Last night I slept in the hospital garage. I left the windows cracked because it was 70 degrees out and that’s really warm in a car with the windows up. I knew it would cool off during the night, and it did.

Now I keep house shoes under the pedals,
 so I can slip into them quickly.
My alarm went off at 6:00 and as usual I snoozed 40 minutes longer. When I finally sat up, I saw a guard on foot talking to a driver in another car. They were having a lively chat and his back was to me. I searched for my house shoes, but couldn’t find them right away, so I climbed from the back seat to the front without opening the car doors. I KNOW  the other driver must have seen me. Would she say something to the guard about this unusual sight?

I felt for my tennis shoes under the driver seat and put them on. The guard starting to turn around and walk my way, but the driver kept talking to him. I cranked up just as the other driver started to pull off. I needed to get out just before her so the officer would not have time to stop me and talk to me, if that was his intention. I barely made it out. She followed right behind me, so I guess she didn’t tell him that I climbed from the back seat to the front.


New rule: Get out by 6:00 no matter where I’m sleeping. Hanging around till 6:30 puts me in too many “almost caught” situations.  

I think I’ll have to file bankruptcy eventually. I have an old condo that is now in foreclosure. I’m sure the bank will show up wanting some money back from that. I’ll never get out of debt unless I get rich. I started wondering, if I should focus on paying off student loans and let all these credit card debts be rolled into the bankruptcy. That seems logical but I don’t feel good about it. So, I’ll stick with the current plan and not hypotheticals. God is really blessing me financially (no rent, small raise, second job, small windfalls here and there). I’m not going to stir up the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment