The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Using the EF for medical expenses

There have been times in the past when I passed up the chance/need to go to the doctor because of money. No money for copays or prescriptions, if they ordered some.

Monday, I went to the doctor and had to go back today for test results. He has prescribed several medications. I will have to go back on Friday or Monday and may get yet another prescription. I believe he is really trying to help me find out why I have shortness of breath, and he carefully looks at all my medical records to see if there are other things I need to be concerned about (like my recurring anemia).

Well, I spent a total of $130 this week so far. Didn't bat an eye - because medical expenses are part of my EF (since they are not a regular expense for me, but they are necessary).

No comments:

Post a Comment