Your struggles give you a testimony to help others. You can't be a student forever. Be a teacher.
August 31, 2014
This is my anniversary. One year ago today, I was preparing to spend my first night in my car.
What we have accomplished:
- eliminated credit card debt
- begun renovations on the house
- begun paying down student loans
- established an emergency fund (and it has come in handy!)
- given to others
- learned survival skills (cooking on a grill, staying warm)
- become more disciplined (more punctual, more organized, better at planning ahead)
- learned that I have some courage and dedication that I didn't know I had before
This upcoming year’s goals:
1. One year from now I want to be back in an apartment with my dog Jefferson back in my care.
2. I want my parents’ house to be fully renovated with them living in it (they won't have full-size appliances or central air conditioning, but we will all celebrate nonetheless).
3. I want to be current on student loan payments.
4. I want to continue to have an emergency savings fund (it won’t be complete by then, but I don’t want to raid it).
5. I want to give to causes I care about.
6. I want to still be at this current job contributing at least the minimum to the matching 401K.