The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Locked out of Storage Unit

August 14

Today I left the gym and headed to storage to change my clothes. Then I remembered that I left the key card to the storage building INSIDE my storage unit! I still had on yesterday’s clothes. No department store was open at 7:30 am so I could at least buy a different shirt to wear to work.

I decided to go and see if somehow I could get in. Maybe another customer would be there, or the staff would be empathic enough to open their office doors early for me.

Plan B: wear the same clothes to work that I wore yesterday. I would divert coworkers’ attention from my clothing using my charming and bright personality, enhanced by engaging conversation and eye contact that just takes in the soul!

As it turns out, the storage office opens at 7:30, so they had no problem letting me in.


But, man, I’ve got to keep up with the key card better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment