The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Friday, October 4, 2013

Daily Schedule

Here was my weekday schedule (first month of car-living)
6:30 wake up, drive to storage
7:00 change and wash up at storage
8:00 arrive at work
4:00 get off work
4:00 – 9:30 run errands, get dinner, find a place to sit and read or talk on phone (two days a week I work 6:00 – 9:30)
9:30-10:00 drive to sleeping place
10:00 – 6:30 sleep

My desired schedule (starting the second month of car-living)
6:00 wake up, drive to gym
6:15 -7:00 workout at gym
7:00- 7:30 shower and dress for work
8:00 arrive at work
4:00 get off work
4:00 – 9:30 run errands, get dinner, find a place to sit and read or talk on phone (two days a week I work 6:00 – 9:30)
9:30-10:00 drive to sleeping place
10:00 – 6:00 sleep

I don’t feel like I spend much time in my car. I stay over at work and take walks rather than sit in the car.  On weekends, I might spend more time in the car, but so far I’ve spent a lot of time at church and then at friend’s houses after church on Saturday. Also, talking to people on the phone and surfing the Internet make the time go by fast.

On October 1, four days ago, I had a personal training session at the gym. The workout was really what I needed. I believe if I do those exercises Tyler showed me, my abs will flatten. I hope to workout every morning. That would be a wonderful benefit of being homesless, because I wasn't looking for a gym except to shower. Even more, showering when I’m done won’t look so odd after a sweaty workout like what I did today.

After sleeping in my car all night with knees bent most of the time, a morning workout is probably just what my body needs.

That was 4 days ago, today is the first day this week I haven't gone to the gym to work my abs and arms. I was proud of myself for keeping it up for 3 days. 

I slept late because last night was the 2nd night in a row I went to bed late because I was researching camping and camp stoves. I’m excited about the topic - as excited as I can be under the circumstances. I wouldn’t normally be interested in this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment