The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Greedy Man in the Bible

September 14

I was sitting at a red light, and moth flew over and sat on my car window. When I drove off, she didn’t fly off- she squeezed into the space between the car and the window. I jokingly said, “Get off my window! Stop trying to smooch a ride!” But she was trying to find a place to live temporarily and so am I.

The tenant is 3 months behind in rent and always evading me. I think if she had a better place to go (with relatives or whatnot) that only charged several hundred dollars a month instead of a thousand, she would have gone there already. I think she really doesn’t have options.

I keep thinking of the story in the Bible of the person who asked a king to forgive his debt, but then he turned around and refused to forgive someone who owed him a whole lot less. So, the king then took back his forgiveness and placed this greedy man in jail. I think about that story with Asana. I want to work with her. The bank has not forgiven me any debt, but I’ve been financially blessed in other ways, and I don’t want to be unmerciful and then other people are unmerciful to me. I want God to show me mercy and the mortgage debt and offer me a fresh start while I pay off other debts.


No comments:

Post a Comment