The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Month 4 Review and New Year's Resolutions

New Year’s Resolutions and end-of-month-4 review

In 2013 I

-gave 4 kids the summer of a lifetime
-paid $2000 in debt and saved $1300 in emergency savings
-lived in my car for 4 months
-lost my job
-learned a new program for helping kids visualize when they read
-unsuccessfully tried to find out why I have breathing trouble
-lost 15 lbs and kept it off for more than 6 months.

In the month of December, I faced major stress events by taking a deep breath, coming up with an action plan, and remembering nothing that happens to me is as bad as losing Trystin. I put my financial snowball on hold while I dealt with being in crisis mode. In my job search, I realized that I am pulled towards schools that are dysfunctional because I know the bar for me as an educator is low. I decided to stop thinking like that. I will not shy away from schools that are high performing or job descriptions that seem demanding - I can do it. I am a capable teacher. 



2014 New Year’s Resolutions
1. plan more social events rather than just responding to invitations
2. pay off all credit cards ($7K)
3. keep a clean car with nothing in the cab and anything that is in the trunk is in a container
4. use up the art and craft supplies that are in storage
5. faithfully use a time management system
6. weigh 135 lbs
7. get new eyeglasses
8. drink one bottle of water a day
9. eat fresh fruit daily
10. complete a Spanish workbook

No comments:

Post a Comment