The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Job Interviews

January 15, 2014

Since I’ve been back from down South, I’ve been at Jasmine’s house. I’m thankful she’s letting me stay while I have no job. I don’t know if I will move out as soon as I have paychecks coming in. The reason I didn’t move in earlier is because I really want to put all income towards debt and renovating the house. I’m sure Jasmine, like all normal people, will want some help with the bills if I stay a long time and have income.

Since I’ve been back, I can’t find the storage key to one of my units. Recall that in December I had to rent a 2nd unit really quickly to store my school supplies, then I packed up and went on a trip. Well, that first unit had some church clothes, tax-related papers, letters of recommendation, and snow boots. I can’t find the key to it. It will cost $50 to have the lock broken, then another $15 to buy a new one. I really don’t want to spend that kind of money, but it’s been 10 days and I can’t find that key anywhere.

Since I've been back, I’ve had 2 interviews. One went great, but I didn’t hear back after the school system found a flag on my personnel record. That flag came from a poor observation score that I got a few years ago when I used to work for them. I praise God for that score, though, because I wasn’t sure that I want to work for this school system again anyway, so I consider this His way of keeping me out and protecting me. The school would have been in a rough neighborhood, and the principal mentioned “discipline” problems 4 times during the interview.  The other interview was iffy, and the school has high turnover, so even if I get the job I should only realistically expect to be there till the end of the school year.

Since I've been back, I have no schedule anymore and I think I’m feeling a little depressed. I got my last payout from my job and I haven’t listened to any Dave Ramsey seminars since I can’t do anything related to paying down debt anymore. I’ve struggled to keep up in this online class and my current grade is a 50%. My eating habits are not very healthy right now. I’ll try to pick myself up today and apply to more places today. I prefer not to sub because I don’t like the idea of having to adjust to a new situation every single day. Besides, the irregular income from subbing will making it harder to stick with a debt paydown plan.


For now, thought, it feels so good to be in a bed again, to have a comfortable place to work, to have television (with Chinese channels, cool), and to be able to cook and refrigerate food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment