The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Plans for July

I just posted a bunch of stuff on Craigslist. This will be my first Dave Ramsey sale. My goal is to raise $45. Otherwise, items go to Goodwill because I don't want to transport them to storage and pay to house them each month. I'm surprised I found anything to sale, because I am quite a minimalist (in my own teacher-based definition of the word).

Since I won't be paying rent in July, I'm using that money to fund my stay down South for the summer. A few relatives and I are going to New Orleans for the first time. To save on costs, we are using AirBNB for lodging and one of us has a really steep rental car discount due to being a frequent customer. So far the costs for lodging, rental car, and gas come out to be an even $300 per person for 3 nights. Some friends are going and their hotel room alone is $300 per person for 3 nights. Total personal budget for the trip is $500  (in the past, I never had budgets for my vacations).


No comments:

Post a Comment