The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Monday, September 22, 2014

No financial worries

The third of 4 expected refund checks came recently and that went straight for house repairs. That -plus this month’s debt snowball payment - caused us to pass the 25% mark in debt payoffs in one year (approximately).

Which leads me to today’s thought: It is more important ot know where you are going than to get there quickly.

Other than that, there is not much to report. I love my new employer - this is not the same place where I worked in the spring. I share the lounge fridge with the whole school staff so I can't really keep food in there for cooking - that would take up about 3-4 different lunch bags to conceal condiments, fresh veggies, soymilk, etc. like I did at my old job. 

So, I eat out more than I used to. I'm a bit too tired to tally up the cost right now, but I know it's cheaper to eat out than to rent (at least for me it is). 

I sent Jefferson and his cousin-dog stuffed animals today. I've been holding the animals occasionally while I drive to make sure my scent is on them. I kissed them before I put them in the packaging to send home. Jefferson is the wallpaper on my laptop. I sure do miss him. 

Not being concerned about finances has led me to thinking about other areas of my life that need prayer and attention - like some legal issues I'm helping my sister with, spiritual guidance concerning the kids I teach, and people in my life who are ill and need healing. 

I know that sometimes hardships draw us closer to God. I don't know if my financial hardships really did that, but I feel (and have been feeling) like they just drained me and made me too tired to pray about or think about anything else. All of my prayers and needs seemed to center around finances. I didn't like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment