The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Meals for $5?

What a difference 8 months makes! Pizza Hut and FedEx Office both offer free wi-fi now. Taco Bell, one of my former “go to spots” is closed for renovations. The gym has rearranged equipment and the televisions are out (so I can’t watch Judge Judy). 


Without refrigeration or cooking facilities like I had at the old school, my diet is pretty restricted. Whatever I buy, I have to eat. I can put food in the school fridge that is shared with 60 other employees. 

So, that could mean my food budget blows up. Don’t want that to happen.

So, I’ve been looking for places where I can get a good hot meal for $5. One $5 meal a day leaves money for fruit and staples to keep in the car. Then I will I stay in my food budget. There are some foods I will be able to cook in the microwave when school gets into full swing (baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs).

Here are some ideas of go-to places: 
Subway
KFC has new $5 meals
BK veggie burger meal
Pizza Hut personal pizzas are $5 (Little Caesar’s has $5 pizzas, but too big to eat in one sitting)
Ledo broccoli and cheese soup bowl
Olive Garden soup and breadsticks 6.50
Celeste personal pizzas (frozen) - $1

That’s enough to frequent a new location 5 days of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment