The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Combined Freecycle and Amazon and earned $30

Two weeks ago, I got free books through Freecycle - many of them textbooks. Four days ago, I posted 6 on Amazon because they are still current titles.  Then I set the books in a pile on the floor next to my bed.

On Monday the book on top sold with a profit of $3.

On Tuesday, the 2nd book sold with a profit of $3.

I thought, Maybe I should put a more expensive book as the 3rd book in the pile so I can get more money. It was just a joke, so I didn't move the books around. Wouldn't you know it - today the 3rd book in the pile sold!

I mailed all 3 books today and will earn $30 after fees. I chose not to pay for insurance ( a savings of $3.75) and I hope I don't regret it. 2 of the remaining books are more expensive than these first 3.

I should look for free books more often on Amazon - especially textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment