The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm not alone in my classroom

Oct 31

This post is one I meant to post back in October.

Visitors came on Monday. My desk was a mess. I was so embarrassed that I cleaned it up after they left. At the end of the day, I left a peach on the desk since I was going to eat it for breakfast the next morning.

The next morning, there were big bites in the peach.

At the end of that day, I threw away a container of cornbread. The next morning, the cornbread was half-eaten and the lid of the container was thrown behind my desk with bite marks in it.

Apparently some other creature has decided to move in with me. So, I simply alerted the custodian, who swept, mopped, and emptied the trash. That same day, my boss and boss’ boss came by for a visit. The room was clean and my desk was still clean from Monday. I felt so proud of my room.

I see this mouse, I presume it is, as a sign from God that I need to work harder to keep a clean space. He prepared me for a good inspection from my boss just in time. However, I need to always be prepared.
I wash my dishes at the end of each day. However, I need to wipe my desk and food prep areas, bag or double bag some items, keep inventory, and be extra watchful for crumbs.
 
I don’t want to tell the principal about the critter. I don’t want him to bring in exterminators to go through the cabinets and other places and find my food stashes. I don’t want a mandate to go out that we can’t store food in our rooms. I don’t want anyone asking, “What do you expect? Look at all this food in your room. What’s going on?”

No comments:

Post a Comment