The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Sunday, February 9, 2014

February Check-Up

I usually give a monthly reflection on how the past 30 days went. Well...

I’ve been living with Jasmine for a month and I started my new job one week ago. I am thankful to be working again. I was unemployed for 5 weeks. I drew unemployment during that time. House renovations were put on hold. I didn’t pay any extra towards debt – just the minimum payments. I haven't gotten my first paycheck, yet.


I did not have to use my emergency savings. In fact, I never had to worry about finances. It only took 4 months of gazelle intensity to get to this point. 

I have been listening to Dave Ramsey and Michelle Singletary to stay encouraged and continue to sharpen my new mindset about money so that when I start getting paid again, I will continue to manage God’s money correctly. 

I still really miss my dog, Jefferson. I look forward to getting my own place again someday and taking him to the dog park a couple of times a week and rubbing his belly as I fall asleep at night (he sleeps on the floor next to my bed). 

Here are some financial thoughts I've learned:
1. If broke people make fun of you (or find faults with your financial improvement methods), you're on the right track.
2. You don't ease out of debt - you break out. jimharrisblog.com
3. All money belongs to God - not just the tithe.
4. If you're not managing the other 90% of God's money properly, why should He bless you with more?
5. The grass may be greener on the other side but the water bill is higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment