The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Friday, February 28, 2014

Daddy had a stroke

Daddy had a stroke this week. I'm going to price plane tickets today and decide if I want to go visit right now or wait.

He is talking and moving, but needs therapy and will start that over the weekend.

I'm so thankful it wasn't worse. I hope he starts taking better care of his health. I love my daddy (and mommy, too).

My sister has had two financial blessings this month, and because of those, she will have fewer debts and greater income in the next few months. Therefore, she texted me to see if I needed financial help making a trip down South to see my dad. I am so blessed to have the family I have. We really look out for one another.

I told her about Dave Ramsey's and Michelle Singletary's advice and how God has been blessing me due to my better stewardship (and because God just loves blessing people like that). So, fortunately, the emergency fund is enough to make at least 3 round trips down South and rent a car when I get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment