The "Get Out Of Your Car!" Fund

Monday, November 18, 2013

2-month anniversary

I've been so busy lately that I didn't write a two-month anniversary post like I'd planned. Well, it's been 2.5 months now. Here are some highlights.

1. We've paid down $2,685 in debt and still have $1000 in the emergency fund.

2. We've braved temperatures down to 28 degrees at night, but no longer think about maybe stopping this experiment and giving in.

3. Mom has broken ground (literally) on the home renovation. She's cleared out the backyard and will have the ground leveled this week. She's happy, and that makes me happy.

4. My old size 6 and size 8 clothes fit better and people have given me compliments on my healthier look.

5. Tonight, my car cabin and my desk at school look clean. That's not the case every day, but it's the case TODAY - and that feels GOOD.

6. I have to be creative to meet my needs, but I don’t have any needs that aren’t being taken care of right now. I’ve improved or discovered my reliance and survival ability.

New goals to work on for the next two weeks until the 3-month anniversary.
1. Finish filing taxes for this year.
2. Drink more water - like a bottle a day.
3. Get rental contract for the condo.
4. Take another step on the home loan modification process.
5. Get a contract for the contractor and plan a starting date for the work inside the house.
6. Improve my discipline. This living situation requires an extreme measure of time management and physical organization. I believe by the end of this experience, my character will be new stronger becaues of the discipline, humbled attitude, and sensitivity to others that I need while in this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment